Looking back on how the lack of AFL affected me during quarantine


2020 hit everyone differently. Me personally, I didn't mind lockdown. I enjoyed some time to myself, some time to slow down and find out more about myself. 


But out of everything that happened, I think the thing that affected me the most was no sport to watch. Especially AFL.


When I went back to school I had to write about my feelings whilst in lockdown and I just wrote about footy and how gutted I was it wouldn’t be on.


I’ll write a bit about what I said…


“When I was watching the footy and they stopped the coverage to say the 2020 AFL season was to be postponed, I felt like a part of me had been taken away”.


A bit dramatic looking back, but I really did feel this way. What was I gonna do without footy? 


I also wrote this which I definitely stole from somewhere but I still think it’s pretty wise, “AFL was the last remaining sport in the world and when something is taken away from you, you realize how much it means to you and how much it means to you and how you were taking sport for granted.”


I’m so glad I found this. It’s pretty cool to look back on what you and other people were thinking and doing. I wish I could go back and just show my former self just 1 picture. 

Keep in mind the red arrow is pointing to when I wrote the piece about “The End Of Covid”.





Comments

Popular Post's🔥

Jarrod Berry Eye Gouge Incident: What Experts Had To Say

The Wildest BBL Melbourne Derby Yet

What An Essendon Fan Has Thought Of The Last 24 Hours