My 2022 AFL Ladder Predictions

At the start of this year I decided I would try and predict what the ladder would look like at the conclusion of the 2022 season. I made these predictions at the end of January and looking back I definitely rushed it as some teams I think I just put them there based on where they finished at the end of the 2021 season. Instead, I should have actually estimated where they’ll finish with injured players back in the team and a full off-season to tighten the screws.


I’ll definitely keep these things in mind if I decide to have a go at predicting the 2023 ladder next year.


So, here were my ladder predictions for this season… 


Prediction (Actual Place)

  1. Brisbane (6th)

  2. Melbourne (2nd)

  3. Geelong (1st)

  4. Western Bulldogs (8th)

  5. Sydney (3rd)

  6. GWS (16th)

  7. Essendon (15th)

  8. Port Adelaide (11th)

______________________________________

  1. West Coast (17th)

  2. Fremantle (5th)

  3. St Kilda (10th)

  4. Carlton (9th)

  5. Richmond (7th)

  6. Gold Coast (12th)

  7. Hawthorn (13th)

  8. North Melbourne (2 off)

  9. Adelaide (14th)

  10. Collingwood (4th)


Yep. Good job Guru. Only 1 right.


I was an average of 4.5 spots off where each team actually ended up. GWS, Essendon and especially Collingwood didn’t help me at all with Leon Cameron for the Giants leaving in May and the club as a whole dropping off after that leaving them in 16th at the end of the season. Then Essendon just never looked like starting their season. It was like when you turn the ignition on in the car and it just constantly coughs to let you know it's working and then just cuts out on you. And then Collingwood just had some sort of season. Out of nowhere Craig Mcrae just pulled them out of such a rough patch to become a finals team that looked like they couldn’t lose.


It’s funny, I was looking at what I wrote about the predictions and I said that “I put Collingwood last which I think is fair since they came second last only to North Melbourne last year and I reckon the Pies are entering a rebuild.”


A statement that many at the time would have agreed with. Everyone but Collingwood as we would soon find out. 


The middle of the bottom 10 wasn’t too bad I guess. I was only 1 spot off with St Kilda as they came 10th this year and had a couple of teams that were only 2 spots off where I predicted. 


I forgot that I made these predictions until yesterday and had a look and knew I just had to write about how vastly different the ladder was this year compared to what me and lots of other people thought when predicting this year’s ladder.


Comments

Popular Post's🔥

Jarrod Berry Eye Gouge Incident: What Experts Had To Say

The Wildest BBL Melbourne Derby Yet

What An Essendon Fan Has Thought Of The Last 24 Hours